Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Two steps forward one step back

Had another meeting with the company doctor on Thursday. First thing I tell him is that I'm off sick again. He tells me that he was quite concerned when we last met 3 weeks ago. His suspicion was that although I seemed quite calm on the outside everything was far from calm under the surface and I was only surviving through my determination to keep going. He told me that if I had still been at work I would have been facing some very searching questions from him.

What now? Well he would like to see me before I return to work and I've got a provisional appointment for 4 weeks time. Reading between the lines I think that means he expects me to be off work for at least that long. Got an appointment with my own doctor on Monday to be assessed again and be signed off again.

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

I know its hard to accept that you need this time out - but believe the docs, you clearly need it

take care of yourself and enjoy your running

9:07 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

sounds like they know what they are talking about and care which is very good news.
take the rest mate, forget about work and try to focus on the coming of spring and trains in the loft!

3:27 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

how's you doing?

2:39 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home