Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Liferaft spotted

[Whirr of chopper blades brings Rob alive]

OK I've been floating on the sea of self-pity for a couple of days. I took Wynthorpes advice and went out for a run of some description on Wednesday evening. That went alright except I came back with a blister on my heel and the heel cushioning on my shoe rubbing away. To make matters worse the blister became infected so no running since then. The infection has cleared but I'm still in a CBA mood.

Saw the Doc on Wednesday. Didn't asked to be signed off even though she did ask the direct "what do you want to do about work?" question. Settled on a comprimise I'm stepping back to 5 hours a day to allow me to have more time in bed and a bit of calm time before going into work. So far it seems to be working.

Sleep remains a problem I get about 5 hours then I wake up and can't really settle and worry about all sorts of things I haven't got MrsW Valentine card (sorted now!) what layout am I going to use in the loft? None of it really important but just stuff that pops into the head at 3 in the morning and won't go away.

Must run this evening. Perhaps I'll call MrsW and make sure she kicks me out the door....

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

and did you go?

11:26 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

{RobW looks for convient crack in floorboards to hide in but can't find one}

Err - No. Wouldn't have been the best move on the domestic front if you know what I mean

11:50 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

let you off then!

8:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home