Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

A marathon too far?

Today is my 37th Birthday - not that I'm feeling totally ecstatic today.

Went running last night or that's what I went out intending to do. Unfortunately it went badly wrong. Ran for 1.8 miles gave up and had a long cold walk back home. Something has been gnawing at me for the past 4 weeks and that is the thought of Lochaber and my poor form is putting pressure on me. I certainly don't have the bounce and energy I had this time last year. I don't think I've got the mental or physical stamina to train for this marathon.

I've covered almost all of my miles in the past year on my own. I want to run with someone, to run whatever distance takes my fancy on the day and at whatever pace. I don't want to think "Oh God I've got to do a 16 miler at the weekend" I want to go out and say "I'm out for a run anything between 20minutes to 2hrs"

The long and the short of it is I'm going to pull out of Lochaber.

I want to enjoy running.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Bloody fantastic!
You've hit the nail on the head!
We're supposed to enjoy it!
Good call!

2:34 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

PS HAPPY BURPDAY!

2:35 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Good call Robert
(to plagarise Pix!)

And by taking the pressure off yourself.....

just run because you want to - without the constraints of a program or a particular goal
[apart from out 10K thingy of course ;o) ]

and regain that bounce and smile

Without it - running is a chore - and that is just wrong

Hiccy Burpy 2 you

:o)

6:48 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Happy Birthday

xx


and a sensible decision {{}}

9:05 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home