Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Giovanni Recommends

Despite yesterday being my Birthday I was quite down in the dumps and its spilled over into today. Not quite up to going to work so I did some work at home.

Went out last night for a nice meal with MrsW to somewhere that we haven't been to for probably 10 years. This is a true Italian place. The owner is a complete madman and I mean MAD!!! His usual treatment of customers with birthday's is to have Happy Birthday played and for him to smash tin trays together above the head of the Birthday boy/girl. Fortunately MrsW didn't draw me to his attention.

This is also the kind of place that Giovanni would hang out with other members of his "family". There is a poster on the wall with a Godfather character and the phrase "When I want your opinion I'll give it to you". My funniest memory of eating there goes back many years to a works meal. The waiter asked someone how the food was, the guy sitting next to me jokingly said "So-so". Next thing that happens is the waiter is smacking the kitchen counter and reappears waving a meatcleaver under my colleagues nose!!!! All in jest I hasten to add.

Meal was fantastic if anyone is looking for good pasta or pizza in Portsmouth then you must go to the Pizza House in Hilsea.

Thanks everyone for there supportive comments. I feel a bit of a wimp pulling out of another marathon put hey we're not all marathon runners. I've found that the first every race I ran back in 1999, the St Dismas 10K is still going, though its now called the Two Saints 10K. Its a small race, accepts entries on the day and its only 4 weeks away. No pressure then. If feel good the day before I'll go, if I don't I won't. Simple really.

2 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

a chirpier blog today - good :>)

5:52 pm

 
Blogger Highway Kind said...

Dont feel a wimp for ducking out of this marathon - it is a race.

It is more important to find the joy in running and that can only happen if you are free from the dead weight of a relentless schedule.

You might recover your marathon chops or you might not. it doesn't matter either way - its the satisfaction thats important.

Take care

7:13 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home