Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Decisions Decisions

Its time to decide. My self certification time runs out today. Do I

1) Go back to work

or

2) Get a doctors note - Doc has said she is quite happy to write one

I'm feeling better, I think I'm sleeping better but its difficult to judge as there has been a number of night time visits by the kids distrubing everyones sleep. Ran this morning because I wanted to run, though I didn't have the determination to push it hard.

I've got most of my stuff sorted out for going to work. I've even got the cycling gear looked out.

My intent is to go to work, but something is nagging at me. The best thing is probably to sleep on it. If I have a good nights sleep then I must be OK and I'll go to work. If I don't get a good nights sleep then I'm not ready and I'll get a note from the Doc. Sound fair?

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Take more time Robert

You've been at this point before...
and I maybe off-centre with this, but you sound like you are 'bargaining'.

and I think that you 'nagging' something is what you should heed!

Just my opinion my friend, and please feel free to ignore me if I'm way off base with it

xx

11:12 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

I agree with Leon. I think if you're still "deciding" it's not time yet. I hope you slept well but I hope you didn't go to work.

12:35 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home