Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Man with a whistle

Went running for the fun of it yesterday - well I think it was for the fun of it.

Went out via the disused railway line then out onto a country lane. Is it just me or do Country lanes always go up even when they look if they are flat? Lovely and quiet, me, my thoughts and a sharp, biting wind. Must run that route more often even if the homeward 3 miles are along a main road.

Put my new rugby referee knowledge to good use this morning. Ref'd 3 mini's games (U-10's). These were must first ever games of refereeing at rugby. Kept on getting in the way but it was fun. I even did the "main event" of the morning between BigW's team and another local team. BigW wasn't to pleased with me as I pinged him for picking the ball out of a ruck just as he crashed over the line. He's still giving me grief about it!

I used to be a Southern Counties Hockey Umpire before the arrival of small w and if I'm honest I missed it - not the travelling but the umpiring. MrsW is encouraging me to take up adult rugby refereeing. I've got the forms in front of me, just need to fill them in and send them off

Oh yeah wasn't the rugby great on Saturday !!!! {RobW wanders off humming "Oh flower of Scotland"}

2 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

so have you filled those forms out yet??
Go for it!
As for country lanes and dissused tracks - I totally agree!!
[ignores comment and piccie referring to some match at the weekend]

1:34 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Hope you do do the reffing - people I know who do it, whatever sport, get a lot of satisfaction - as well as stick!

and a real motivation for keeping fit too

xx

10:18 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home