Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Change is as good as a rest

Was at a Governors meeting last night when the Head mentioned that the ICT replacement had on the whole gone well but there was still a couple of teething problems. I piped up and said I was off-sick again so would drop in to have a word in the morning.

Last time I was off I found working at the school very pleasing so I thought it might do me some good. It turned out to be quite a hard day but it was also a very pleasing day. Sorted out a lot of the IT problems and had an interesting meeting with a pupil. He is autistic and is quite a handful at times especially at trying to run away. I was in one of computer areas when he came out of his class and stopped looking at what I was doing. His teacher ws close on his heels, she was trying to take him back but he wanted to watch me work on this computer. I said it was Ok from him to sit down and stay until his support assistant came back from the errand she was on.

He's a bright kid we talked all about his old and new computer and what he liked doing he even said bye when his support assistant came back and took him into his class.

Downside is I think I spent too much time at the school and I'm now wiped out, however I think I made a difference today and for that the effort was worth it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Good for you! Making a difference means a lot. It's a great feeling knowing that something you are doing is worth while.
Now rest up today!

8:16 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home