Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Emergency Power

I've been in a serious CBA mood for a week now. I haven't run since last Wednesday and don't see myself running for a another couple of days yet. Sleepless nights are continuing. Its odd no matter what time I go to bed I wake up less than 5 hours later. Don't know what's causing it. It made work today a real struggle. I've also started eating a lot more than I normally do - comfort eating I suppose.

At times I question if I'm really tired or is it that I'm just lazy. I've got to go and see my Doc this week. She hasn't got any routine appointments left for this week so I have to phone first thing tomorrow and get a "on-the-day" appointment. This might not be that bad an idea as I can work from home in the morning until its time for my appointment. Chance to get some quiet time and maybe a bit longer in bed. I some ways I hope she signs me off - I could take some sick leave but I'd feel like a fraud. If she signs me off then the company won't actually let me into work so there won't be the I'm feeling better so I'll go in sooner temptation.

Pixie, if your reading this you'll want to stop now as you won't be interested in the next bit. Insultated and floored more of the loft on Saturday so I've now got space to build my train layout. The thin controller is really excited about it and has started a folder with all of the sketches of possible layouts we've thought of. Its my birthday in a couple of weeks time and I think I know what I'm getting - a train alright I choose it from the Hornby website and the thin controller wrote down the reference number. I think MrsW will be off with him to the model shop to get it soon.

Need to go now as MrsW is into really serious research mode and she wants on the computer!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Having only read half of this post I can advise that you ask the Dr if they think you should be signed off .... then you can say "yes" when they ask if you would like to be!!!
Can't comment on the rest because I don't know anyone interested in lofts and trains!!

1:50 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

agree with Pixie - ask to be signed off - the sleeping and tiredness are signs oyu arento ready for work yet

take care xxx


oh and all our trains - some really quite old - are in the garage or loft

and the room where the layout was is now the computer room

it didn't last for the minibeanzes

2:25 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

[despatches Search and Rescue Team]

Hey - Roberto - where are you...?

10:53 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home