Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Confession Time

MrsW is out with the kids so I've got computer time. Her search for details on her ancestors is becoming relentless.

What I've I been up to?

Laid some new loft insulation and started flooring parts of the loft in preperation for the model railway I'm going to build up there.

Ran 8 miles on Monday HR said it was a comfortable pace (Ave 145) but the pace was quite reasonable at 8:42 m/m

Did some Hill work today - or perhaps I should say gentle incline work. I'm not very good at hills but someone did say you should practise what your not very good at.

Work has some teething problems. I've had a bit of work on my desk since I came back and I haven't touched it. I'm now getting chased by managers for this so I decided I'd better face up to it and told him that I hadn't done anythig with it, in fact I was avoiding working on it.

Its not because the work is difficult, its just that I can't seem to deal with it. Everything else seems to be OK, I'm chasing down issues, being active in discussions and making sound decisions, its just I can't face working on this document.

Well they say a problem shared is a problem halved, I may get someone to help me with it. I'll do the thinking part they can do the writing part.

I'm off to see the Company Doc tomorrow and I'll mention it to him. I've also got to go back to see my own Doc next week and we'll probably talk about it as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

It's good to talk they say - and you are far more important than work!
Now about this loft ..... are you boarding it all or just an area for the train? What about the beams? And a light? Loft ladder?
Not that I am interested in the least!

9:19 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Oh Robert,I know all about that avoiding the task business - have one on my desk now (it's trying to hide undr other things.

Well done for fessing up - just owning up helps sometimes.

Take care

xx

6:45 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

I daren't look into my family's past, however MrsW has tracked down one side to the army but loses it in there as their records aren't available online.

9:58 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home