Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Withdrawal symptoms

Cold has got much better over the past couple of days. Was well enough for a 3 mile plod yesterday. Forced myself out of bed this morning to go and do my interval sesion on the treadmill. Now up to 5 repeats of 800m @ 6:58 pace

Heartrate was very stable and to honest a bit low 159,157,159,161,162. I think I'm not pushing myself hard enough I either need to run faster or shorten the recovery time. By the time I'd finished I'd covered 7 miles.

Work day was a bit odd started off OK got a few things out of the way, then lapsed into an aimless day no meetings to go to, not being motivated to do anything. I recgonise these symptoms. By 4 o'clock I was getting anxious for no reason and also felt as if I was beginning to shake.

Wandered straight round to the boss and said things weren't too good and I was going home early. If I wasn't in tomorrow he'd know why. "Sure thing Rob" was his reply. I've got an appointment with the company Doc tomorrow so I'll do my best to keep that.

I'm not that concerned about not feeling great

1) Other people are feeling a lot worse with other things
and
2) I'm coming to the end of my wean off period.
I didn't have any fluoxetine today and its been alternate days for the past week, so a slight downward turn is to be expected. Start the new stuff tomorrow.

One thing is for sure I'm sleeping a lot better at nights now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

good news about the sleep
lets hope the new stuff works

9:56 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

keep being sensible and recognising when its time to go home

take care xx

11:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home