Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

What a difference a day makes

Thanks again for everyone's support yesterday, it was really appreciated.

MrsW and I had a little talk when she got back from work. She thought I was a bit "fed-up" yesterday morning and she regretted letting me wimping out on my run. She did however offer to take the boys to rugby on her own to let me go out for a run. With an offer like that I couldn't turn it down.

Disappeared out of the door ready to do a long one but prepared to take whatever the body (or mind) was willing to give. It turned out they were both prepared to give a fair bit! 13 miles in 2 hrs and 47 seconds. Averageing 9:17 per mile and HR of 144


MilePaceHR
19:04140
29:20145
39:05141
49:20143
59:29143
69:15142
79:15141
89:14145
99:17143
109:19143
119:12150
129:22147
139:30147


Net effect is that I'm well pleased with that run. Ok I sort-of rigged the route by running along the seaside for a fair bit but that left me with the lovely hill at Mile 11. Anyway Lochaber is as flat as a pancake and they say you should do runs that mimic the race course.

More time spent on the Thin Controllers model railway. The base board is now painted the closest colour to grass that I could find in a tester paint pot. Trouble is the Thin Controller now expects me to go and get the track tomorrow and have it ready for when he comes home from school. Excuse me we've got the plumbers in tomorrow and I may be a little busy!!!

That reminds me, the plumbers will need to take up the study floor so I'll have to disassembly the computer and put it out of harms way. I'll try to blog from one of the boys computers but don't worry if you don't hear from me for a couple of days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

What a super run Robert - No cardiac drift there!!!!
and a nice little hill to finish

:o)

You are in so much trouble with Little Controller now!!!!!
Will he be patient while life gets in the way of his track being built...???

Oh no....

not a chance

:-D

10:22 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

what a great run

:>))

9:05 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

I can feel a bit of a smile coming through that post :o)

{{{Rob}}}

12:02 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home