Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Getting better

Up to 5 hours a day this week - what luxury I hear you say. A couple of people in the office are keeping an eye on me to ensure I don't overdo things. One chap stood at my desk tapping his watch and holding up 4 fingers, trying to tell me I'd done my 4 hours and I should be going home. I responded by holding up 5 fingers (I was on the phone at the time) and he said "Let you off then".

In a way that was quite good as I was tempted to work longer today because I hadn't done some of the things I wanted to and felt guilty. I then thought it was nothing that won't keep till tomorrow so left. I think this is a good sign, I believe it shows that I'm re-engaging with work, yet not let it rule me.

Running continues, though a bit aimless this week. Over cooked the 6 mile comfortable run on Monday by running too quickly and not backing off. Today's run was a recovery 3 that was just one foot being put in front of the other. Tomorrow should shake out the doldrums. I need to concentrate, its the return of the tready intervals.

5 Comments:

Blogger womble said...

It's really good to get used to leaving work when your hours are up. So many of us don't do that these days and we suffer for it. I know where it gets you if you don't follow that rule, I've been in the same place as you.

You're making good progress, Rob.

(((Rob)))

10:10 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Didn't you see my rant the other week about over working..? Hmm. Make sure you don't slide into it - it's very easy to do so!!!! (says me!)

10:55 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Can't add anything to what everyone else has said Robert - except maybe this.

We should work to facilitate what we want to do in life...

NOT live to work.

11:20 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

excelent that work are watching you now but they won't for ever so DO be careful!!
too many hours work does not happy people make!

1:56 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

PS: tomorrow I am going to B&Q to look at (NOT buy) loft ladders and boarding to work out cost and if I could do it so Gnome can have his "own space" up there!!
So if you have any tips .... :-D

1:57 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home