Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Tired and worried

I'm feeling a bit low at the moment. My sleep has being getting worse not better. Woke up again at 3 AM and only really got sleep in short snoozes from then on in. Couldn't face my Long Slow run this morning, it was due to be 13 miles but with MrsW working today and tomorrow I'll need my energy for the boys.

I suppose things are particularly stressful in the house at the moment as we are having the central heating upgraded next week. The plumbers will want the floor up in almost every room upstairs. MrsW has done another sterling job in moving things. The dining room is packed with chest of drawers and boxes of clothes, Big W's room isn't much better. I've got Monday off to help move things around but have to work the rest of the week so things are only going to get worse.

If the truth be told I'm worried that I'm on a downward slope again. I feel as if I'm as low as when things first started happening in November, I was planning to see the Doctor the week after next as part of a regular check-up. I think I may need to bring that forward.

Evening Edit

I'm glad to say things are looking better. The boys went and did their own thing Big W and middle W to the PS2, little W to the computer. This allowed me half an hour or so to just sit down ignore them and relax.

Took them out in the late afternoon to look at furniture - yeah boring but I want a new chest of drawers as my existing set are the 10+ year old MFI self assembly and are in danger of doing some self disassembly!! Saw a nice set but resisted the temptation to buy them as the last thing we need in the house next week is more furniture. I had warned them that I wasn't at my best but they were excellent at the shop. Then went and did some DIY shopping, well went to look but came out with stuff.

I've promised Middle W (Who I shall now call the Thin Controller) a shelf model railway so I bought the bits and pieces to make the baseboard. It was quite interesting that all 3 of them where interested in how it was made and helped gather the materials.

Thin Controller then help me start to make it handing me clamps and screwdrivers, though he decided he was going to stand outside of the garage when I got the circular saw out! Its still a work in progress, but its something I have done to make a difference and the look on the Thin Controllers face as he helped certainly brought me some happiness.

Oh took a couple more photo's to show you what the dining room and Big W bedroom look like


5 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

{{rob}}

5:01 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

You have mail Robert...

6:26 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Take a deep breath, look at what you think is happening to you and you'll probably be right. You don't have to go to work all week after Monday.

7:24 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Thanks folks. Things are a lot calmer now, the boys were well behaved today and were rewarded with a treat out at Burger King.

With the thin controllers base board underway I feel as if I've achieved something and that alone makes me smile.

8:14 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

{{{robert}}}
maybe you need to step back a bit from the work thing?

xx

2:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home