Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

First 100 miles

Managed to convince myself that I should do my long slow run this morning. I wasn't in the best of shapes for running, late night and yesterday's 7 miler had left me feeling a bit drained. The ice on the cars was also giving me second thoughts.

I think the Garmin was picking up on my bad vibes as it decided to switch itself off once and then give up with dead batteries at about mile 8. This miffed me as I had changed them night before. Perhaps I should start making a case for a new one, one that does pretty graphs. Luckily I was running the same route as last week with an extension at the beginning so I could judge the total distance.

Distance: 14.1 (ish)
Time: 2:11:50
Ave HR: 145

The run also brought up the 100 miles for the year. I'm tired now glad its rest day tomorrow and cutback week next week. Only problem is BigW is playing Rugby on the Isle of Wight tomorrow and we need to be at the ferry terminal for 8:30. Early bed for me tonight then

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

over 100m?? Is that the new train track?? I am well impressed! I thought my 48 was good!!

PS I think we all need a nice garmin that does pretty graphs! But I think I will be with you in the "No way will OH agree!" camp!

7:43 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home