Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

End of the week

Well made it to the end of the work week, though only just.

Had a really bad nights sleep on Wednesday night - so bad I considered not going into work but going to see the Doc instead. Decided to tough it out at work as I didn't need to be there until 11 and I had to see the company Doc anyway.

Saw the company Doc and had a , at times painful, chat. He went back through what had happened (the painful bit) and life over the past year. His opinion was much the same as my own Doc (he knows her BTW). No one thing had being getting me done, but a whole succession of things possibly even starting with being upset by what I considered was a poor FLM. He reckons I was probably running on emergency power for some time and on that weekend it gave out. His advice like everyone else is to take things steady and not push things.

I'm glad to say that since Thursday my sleep has been a lot, lot better. I suspect I was just worried about meeting the company Doc. Certainly feeling a lot brighter now, even managed a run this morning the first since Tuesday. A comfortable 9 miles in 1hr 21min 30 (ave 9:02) with an Average HR of 145. Nice way to round off the running week.

1 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

Well run Robert.

Sleep well this week - and listen to the docs.

xx

1:44 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home