Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

What the Doc said

Today was the day I went to see the Doc again. Early morning appointment so no run, went to the surgery and said "Hi I'm Mr W with an appointment to see Dr G at 8:40". Sadly the response was "Not see to see Dr G you haven't", "but I'd made this appoinmtent 2 weeks and here its in my diary". "Sorry no appointment". Luckily she had a spare appointment at 9:30, so it was no big deal

2nd attempt to the Doc. Went in and had a friendly little chat with her. Talked about my restless nights. She thought it was just a part of the depression not quite settling down yet, but if they not giving me a big problem at the moment don't worry about them. We talked about going back to work, how I've got part-time working sorted out, how I can have my inbox deleted if its too much for me to cope with when I go back and that I've got a very supportive manager. I'm very pleased to say that we both agreed that I can go back to work. I nearly jumped for joy.

Went home broke the good news to MrsW then disappeared out the door for a quick 30 minute tempo run, before the entire family went out for lunch with some friends. One of the friends actually works with me and was telling me that everyone has been worried about me but will be very pleased to see me back.

Today was a very good day indeed. Thanks again everyone for your help

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

So that's good then innit..?!

Very pleased.

:o))

11:05 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Thats great news Robert

Also very pleased

:-D

11:21 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

that's great news

delete the inbox - don't start reading it

xx

10:25 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

delete delete delete!
Then say "Hello! I'm back! Did you miss me?"
Great news mate!

3:02 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home