Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, December 23, 2005

Not so proper training

This week has been the usual pre-christmas fayre. Took the kids to the Isle of Wight to see Father Christmas at the Steam Railway. Used the MPV to its full capacity and took MrsW's brother and his daughter as well. I think everyone had a good time, except maybe middle-W as he didn't like his present. Only downside was I didn't get to run.

Thursday was run-less as well. Had an electrician coming in the morning to fit some new sockets and had to clear things away. Then a coffee with the boss at the Starbucks near work - he won't allow me on site while I'm off sick, probably frightened I'll log-on and try and read my e-mails. We had a good chat about this and that, am I happy with the work-up plan, looking forward to coming back etc etc. Couldn't run at Lunchtim either as (and I'll have to say this quietly) I was invited to the Quality Assurance Christmas Lunch. I hasten to add I'm not in QA but I do make sure people obey the rules, which makes their lives a lot easier.

So that brings me to today. Good run this morning. Supposed to be Steady run, Which I'm pleased to say it was, though I'll let you play spot the hill!

MilePaceHR
18:42145
28:04154
38:14157
48:03157
58:14160
5.488:51166
45:348:19156


Unfortunately just found out that tomorrow's run may be at risk. For some reason MrsW has to go and collect a Turkey and piece of Ham in the morning. She's even been given a timeslot to go and pick it up 9-10. How is someone supposed to fit a long run in before then?? I'll just have to be determined and go out when she comes back.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

I'm sure Giovanni can get you up at - say - 6am, so you can get in your long run!!!!!

:-D

I'll call him
;o)

10:32 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Giovanni decided there was too much risk of him waking MrsW and that would have been a seriously bad idea!!!

5:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home