Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, December 26, 2005

Post Turkey Trot

Phew - Christmas is over with for another year. Trained the kids into not coming down till at least 8AM. Was about one nanosecond after 8 when they went downstairs. We knew it wasn't going to be much after 8 when we heard the countdown coming from their bedrooms. They were really please with their presents, though I think they are more pleased with my present (PS2) than anything else, don't think I've had a go on it yet!

MrsW turned in her usual star performance in the kitchen, bringing the Christmas Lunch together like clockwork.

She even prodded me into getting out the door this morning. I needed a prod, not quite with it this morning. Had a good run all the same, one of these comfortable runs that are fun to do, fast enough to have the "I'm running quickly" feeling without been so fast that you start thinking "Why am I doing this".

Bit odd out and about, despite it being 9:30 it was very quiet even by the main road. Everyone was probably nursing hangovers or indegestion.

MilePaceHR
18:38147
28:02155
38:02156
47:46158
57:38171- yes it is an uphill finish
5.141:00(7:03)180 - I did say it was an uphill finish
41:078:00158


The run ended up reminding me why I run, because I enjoy it!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

"The run ended up reminding me why I run, because I enjoy it!!!...."

and a great big grin spread across this face

:o)

11:16 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

made me smile too

xx

8:21 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

and here too...

>>>big stoopid grin<<<

tis nice to see your friends doing well.

:o)

9:37 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

that abouts sums it up really! Why else would we do it?
Great to see you back Rob - looks like you are well on the road to "recovery" (if that is the right word!)

10:00 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

I owe a lot of my recovery to my friends in blog land

Sincerest thanks

Rob

10:22 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home