Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas Trees

No run this morning as I had an early appointment with Q the counseller. It turned out to be a fairly brief session. We talked about what I had been up to, how I was feeling etc etc. Came to the conclusion that I was well on the way to be mended. He believes that the depression was kicked off by a succession of minor things culminating in a mini-crisis a few weeks ago. Now that I'm under the care of the Doctor and on medication there is no need to probe further. I agree with him, life was tough for a while, not bad, just tough. It happens to lots of people and is merely a chemical imbalance in the brain, which Prozac corrects.

Enough of the physco-analysis.

Spent the afternoon looking at Christmas trees. I've never had a real tree and MrsW hasn't had one since her father died 20 years ago, so we decided to have a real one this year. Went to about 4 different places (MrsW can be really fussy sometimes!)before finally settling on a nice 6 ft tree. Well we thought it was nice until we got it home!

Put it in a bucket of earth and manovoured it into position in the lounge, still wrapped in its mesh covering they put it in for transport. So far so good. Then we cut the netting off. It didn't look that big when we bought it.......

5 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

I love it - we haven't had a real tree for a few years - too many needles - bah humbug

make sure you keep it moist so it doesn't drop before the day!

10:46 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

we haven't had a real tree ever :-(
we as in my married family
mum and dad had one when I was at home!
They don't know though
they stopped when gnome came along and now they have a kitten (just as bad as a gnome!)

8:32 am

 
Blogger womble said...

It's plenty big enough when the needles start to drop which they will, even on a live tree. The trick is to keep it well watered, apparently.

My Dad used to be a greengrocer when I was little and sold Xmas trees so we always had a huge one, sometimes we had to cut the top off to fit it in the living room!

The smell of a real tree is great. I've got a baby real tree that my Aussie visitors bought last year. It's survived this far....

2:32 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

ROFL
:-D

I can imagine the looks on your faces as this thin, tightly wrapped thing transmorphicated into a space filling monster....

:o)

5:51 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

MrsW has had a go whith some pruning shears to encourage it further back into the corner - without much success. It does however look wonderful now all the decorations/lights are on it.

10:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home