Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Proper Training

Today is day 1 of Hal Higdon's 18 week Advanced-I marathon training program, so proper objective running. Well that was the intention anyway. The schedule said comfortable pace with the following quote "Feel free to punch the acceleration button if you're feeling good, particularly toward the end of the workout". I think I punched the acceleration button the moment I went out the door. Good news was I did actually feel quite comfortable - well sort of.


18:34148
28:17157
38:18161
48:12167
57:46172
5.473:26 (7:23 m/m)180
44:368:09162


Now some worrying news, over the past couple of nights my sleep has become disturbed again. Waking up at 4 or 5 in the morning. Fortunately I'm able to get some more sleep but it is a symptom of depression which I haven't had for a couple of weeks now. Apart from that I feel OK but its probably worth mentioning to the Doc when I see her next week.

4 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

good running - and nice acceleration!

((Rob))

11:33 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Nice run Robert!!!!!!

Take care of the rest of you!!!!!

10:53 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

very impressive!
Now take care matey

12:14 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

>>>Giovanni hands Rob W a sick note<<<

Sorry not caught up, not been so well. Will look back I promise. Just want to check you're okay. Nice tree. Nice running.. will be key (I bet) to feeling better before work. Wish I could run that fast!

:o)

8:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home