Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Batten down the hatches

Went to see the Doc yesterday, hopeful that I was going to be OK to return back to work. While sitting in the waiting room I was getting quite anxious. Had a good talk to her but as the consultation went on I realised I wasn't OK. I finally said "I'm not fit enough to go back am I?". She was honest and said that she had reached that conclusion but I had to realise that myself.

Net effect is I've been signed off for another couple of weeks, but I've also been perscribed medication. This bothers me because you hear stories about it and I need to take it for at least 6 months. I've got the pills but haven't actually started taking it yet.I suppose there is an underlying worry in that it could mean I'm in this for the long haul and that it potentially could be a rough journey.

Overall yesterday was a bad day. It is however now the past and I can't change that I must look forward to the future.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

"Overall yesterday was a bad day. It is however now the past and I can't change that I must look forward to the future."

It was SO heartening to see you write this Robert..
I have no doubt with your own determination, the support of those who love you and of your friends.. that you WILL come though this.

Thinking of you tonight my friend

5:29 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

(((rob)))

xx

8:20 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home