Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Running with orthos

Managed to sneak out early this morning to try my new orthos. As promised I kept it short 3 miles. I started off being aware of soemthing under my foot but as the run went on I became less aware of it. 3 miles was about right though left heel was begin to feel as if it was going to blister. This is probably because I had to loosen my lacing right off to get my foot in with the ortho in place, and my heel was being allowed to slip up and down in the shoe. Couple more gentle runs will allow me to sort out the tightness of the laces.

Apart from that it's been quite quiet in the W household. Took BigW to a weekend cub camp this morning and MrsW was working this afternoon. That left me and the 2 smaller W's to occupy ourselves. Decided to make use of our new English Heritage membership and took them inside the Keep at Portchester Castle. Climbed all the way up mostly through these very tight medieval staircases. Nice view from the top though.

4 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Keep an eye on the "as if it was going to blister.." thing Robert..
My L'il Sis had some prettty bad 'tear you feet to pieces' problems with hers when she upped the mileage!!
Not that you will - just she's not the only person that I have heard of who had that kind of issue

1:06 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Also, Mr Fat Face's ortho person told him he has to be able to walk around in them all day first before running in them. So hope that is not an issue. Keep a check... keep vigilant. Also.. didn't the Castle have a dungeon to lock the two mini-W's into for the afternoon..?






















What..?

;o)

9:07 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I was just about to say about wearing them in but Caff got there 1st!

9:43 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Leon - Its a problem I commonly have with my right foot (not left as I said in the post). The foot slips up and down and I tend to wear out the padding at the back of the shoe, readjusting the laces normally solves the problem. I will however continue to be careful with them.

5:01 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home