Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Guantlet has been thrown!!

Speaking to one of my work colleagues that ran the New Forest Marathon on Sunday, He recorded a time of just under 3hr 47min. Thats almost 35 minutes faster than my FLM time (OK I wasn't great on the day). What's worse was he wasn't even that stiff afterwards perhaps a good job as he then spent the next 3 days in Paris on business. He's even thinking of running London, well that's that then I'm even more sure about entering London. Tha brings the total FLM ballot entrants to 3, me, "The Master" (mr 3hr 47) and Big Boss.

I took the opportunity of making a suggestion if we are not successul in gettting into London, why don't we have a lads weekend in Paris the week before? I could see the idea grow in their minds, Lets see what the FLM ballot brings.

BTW Thanks for the encouragement folks. My running rehabilition continues, 4 miles on the tready at lunchtime. Wore the HRM to see how bad things were. In the end it turned out quite well. 4 miles in 36:35 with an Ave HR of 145. The HR started to climb in the last mile but I put that down to the fact that Gym Babe (sorry for being a red blooded male) came into the gym and started using the Tready next to me. Distractions distractions.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Gym babe eh..?

;o)

Glad you made your mind up. How's the PF feeling...? Hopefully we can carry on watching you rehab properly and start marafun training.

:o)

6:47 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

PF is fine no reaction to speak of. My orthos have arrived and I'll get them when I go to see the Chiro tomorrow.

Hear you've been Skype'ing with Leon. Was actually talking to him earlier over it good fun.

7:14 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Yes, tis although I'm not going to succumb to getting a microphone - cos that'll mean a web cam as well and lord knows what else! Tis pretty funny though him talking and me typing..!! Go on email us your skype name! :-D

am still on hotmail address!

11:20 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Cath - I would, but I don't know your e-mail address. I've now added a contact link to the front page of the blog if yuou want to drop me a note.

2:49 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I have no memories of being in your gym Rob?? :-D

Enjoy being one of the lads!

8:23 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Skype and webcam is just like videoconferencing ;o)

I hear.........

[ahem]

3:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home