Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

First Day

Yesterday was LittleW's first day ( or more precise morning ) at school. He looked so cute in his school uniform. I had decided to work from in the morning as I wanted to walk him and the bigger 2 to school. As usual bit of an odd experience, we go into the classroom, find where his reading packet and jumper should go. He then sat down and we put his little name badge on him and leave him to it. He gives a little wave and then sits and watches what is going on around him - aaawww.

Picked him at lunchtime to find that he was a bit disappointed to find that he wasn't staying for lunch - full days don't start until next week.

So with all that I didn't manage to fit a run in yesterday but I did today, more or less a repeat of Friday except just a little further (3.28 miles) in exactly 30 minutes. The PF gfave me no bother at all, it was just the general lack of shape that gave me the problem. I'll just have to steadily work at that over the coming weeks. I'll aim to do the same session on Thursday with possibly another on Saturday. With a gentle build up of the number of runs and mileage I should be back to normal service by the end of October - just in time to start a marathon training programme again. Problem is I haven't entered any yet!!

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

bless littleW - hope the novelty doesn't wear off too quickly!

enjoy them while they are small - it all passess too quickly


steady as it goes on the running - sounds like you are being VERY sensible - is Luigi at your shoulder?

10:31 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

aww is right. Makes a change form those that screama nd refuse to go to school.

8:12 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Giovanni didn't need to be there the note that said

"Hands off the speed control!" scrawled in what looked like blood did it for me - or was it the fact it was stuck to the treadmill with an ice pick??...

8:16 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home