Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hmm - Duathlon

Following Leon and Cath's kind suggestions earlier Giovanni has been able to find a couple of Duathlon's ( not biathlons as I previously called them) this year that are not too far from home.

Thruxton Mass Attack on the 23rd Oct
or
New Forest 30th Oct

Personally I fancy the Thruxton race as I believe its on the race course at Thruxton so nice and flat. The only downside is I'm still not able to train fro running but as the 2 runs are on 5K each I shouldn't need to train too hard for that. Need to spend time on the bike though 30k would take me about 1hr 10 at normally commuting pace. I'd like to get that under an hour. I'll have to look up a triathlete friend of mine for some tips.

Started training already though by cycling the 6 miles into work. I suppose the reluctance to line the pockets of the petrol companies and Gordon Brown had something to do with the decision as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

No offence mate but - pratt!
Don't listen to these bad people!

1:56 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Don't listen to her Robert...

This sounds like an excellent plan to me

(besides - I'm only going to do the Ironman in 2007!!!)

:o)

5:41 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Robert - what an ECELLENT plan!!! Pixie is just jealous cos she REALLY wants to do tri-training and more importantly she's up for doing FLM again too!!

;o)

9:46 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

That would be an EXCELLENT idea as well as ECELLENT.

9:46 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

I agree - a GOOD THING

well cycling is good cross training for njured runner, not so sure about actually doing a race

its the way the legs turn to jelly when you get off the bike

and then you're supposed to run!

10:17 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

So thats 3 votes to 1 in favour.

11:03 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

{slaps Cath in passing}
Yep I am doing FLM in 2008 after I get my GFA at Lochaber 2007!
Tri - NO WAY!

3:13 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck to ye [hehe]

am not sure what Im doing yet...

8:47 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home