Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Comparing

Looked back at my running log for last year and was pleasantly surprised.

This time last year I hadn't quite started running again after a long time off with a bad case of couldn't be bothered. I was also 5lbs heavier than I am now ( and I feel fat just now ). I was however able to build this up to 40 miles a week by the end of the year and 5 lbs lighter than I am now.

That little comparision tells me a lot, I remember what I felt like when I started running again last year and it was a lot worse than it is just now, yet I went one to be able to do some serious training and enjoyed it. All I need is to enter a BIG race, something to focus on, something to strife towards. Well thats got to be a marathon, now where did I put my FLM forms?

Let battle commence!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

sucker

7:01 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

Good Morrow Sir Robert..


[bows flambouyantly]

7:02 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

hurroay


he's back to running!


see you at mile 18

(I'll be the one handing out the jelly babies (or whatever is your wish))

9:57 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

'bout bliddy time an all!

;o)

10:12 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home