Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Going to rack and ruin

I hadn't realised that it had been so long since I last made an entry here, it was only when Pixie stuck her head round the corner that I thought I ought to say something.

So - I'm still unable to run due to Plantar problems and its depressing me. To make matters worse it seems to be having a detrimental effect on my entire life. I feel really lethargic and basically in a can't be bothered mood. I'll have to give up on the idea of running both Abingdon Marathon and the New Forest Half. I've lost far too much training.

Decided that I definitely needed to break out of that spiral so cycled into work this morning and what a great idea it was beautiful morning and got into work feeling full of energy and ready to face the day ahead. Of course with my luck that couldn't last was cycling home this evening and suffered a puncture, unfortunately I was going downhill and lost control when turning off the road to fix the puncture. I've now got a small dose of road rash on my knee and elbow.

Now for the good news I'm off on holiday this Saturday for 2 weeks Yipee! I need this break.

11 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Not the news I wanted to hear but well come back - briefly!
Re this running - get and maintain CV fitness with that bike. Mine got me to FLM didn't it!

9:31 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

welcome back
{{{Rob}}}

have a great holiday - rest the PF - and come back refreshed

(are you doing exercises for the PF?)

9:53 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Ladies - Thanks for the thoughts.

Pix - I want to use the bike more often for getting to work its just a case of getting back into the habit.

Beanz - I haven't been doing any exercises for the PF, do you know of any?

BTW the PF seems to be getting a lot better. The Chiro did some work on my foot on Monday and it has improved dramatically since then.

7:58 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

have you looked at this

http://heelspurs.com/index.html

a bit extreme with its descriptions of things to strap to you

but after reading that I bought a sloping footrest for my desk - and used that to stand on at an angle
and I always stretch before I get out of bed now


no problem for a while

1:04 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Blimey Rob!! been looking through all the regular Blogs tonight and literally everyone of us is injured or holding sommat off! Hope the Plantar problem clears up... and agree with Pixel... bike is good - tis what I'm doing.

:o)

7:38 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Really sorry to hear about your running woes Robert - been there, and I know just how frustrating it is..
:o(
Have a great holiday....
:-D

12:08 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

Oh - and you've got mail!!!!

12:10 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

Have a really good holiday, Rob

8:41 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How frustrating this must be all!

Chin up, feet up, guard down. Enjoy your holiday.

10:24 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Errr... ROB

SPAM ALERT!!!

Also.. when are you coming back from Rack and Ruin..?

:o)

11:10 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

yeah when are you here!!!
supopse you are back this weekend?

3:45 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home