Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Foreign Lands

Well I've safely arrived in the Good ole US of A. Flight was fairly uneventful except for the 5 minutes of bad turbulance just as I'd been given a cup of coffee by the Cabin Crew. I'm sure it'll come out of the carpet. Suffering from a bit from Jet Lag went to bed about 22:30 local (03:30 BST), woke up at 03:00 Local arghh "time to get up" says the body - "no its not" says the brain, "tough I win" says the body. I probably pay for that this afternoon, when I try and avoid falling asleep during a meeting.

I did pack some running kit, through the treadys in the hotel look a bit naff. Following the advice from Cath and Pix, I'm wearing in my ortho's today in an older pair of running shoes so far no problems. Don't think I'll go for a run today but the outdoor swimming pool looks nice as long as it doesn't rain.

I plan to do the Homer Simpson thing this evening. Get a couple of beers and sit in front of the TV watching "The Football Game" that will put me to sleep if anything does.

1 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

why can't you swim in the rain??

good prep for the triathlon

9:14 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home