Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Letter from Starbucks

Work has made the foolish mistake of letting me out of the office again. I’m currently writing this looking out of the window of one of the Starbucks on Victoria Rd in London. I can recommend the Skinny Blueberry Muffin by the way! I know its probably one of the worst Runners Breakfast but at least it a lot cheaper than the continental breakfast being offered by the hotel (Something like £16). I know the company is paying for it but it’s the principle of the thing!!
Thanks for all the hugs etc after my recent downtime. Normalish service was resumed on Saturday, I took your advice and didn’t run at all over the weekend. Unfortunately with being on travel I won’t get a chance to go running again till Friday. I’m flying to Austria tomorrow and only wanted to take hand luggage so there was no space in my suitcase for running kit :<). That will make a whole 8 days of no running. I’m going to have to have a look at my training programme for Abingdon and a bit of rejigging as I’m on Holiday for 2 weeks in August. Perhaps a perfect time to try out the holiday routines in the this months Runners World.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Enjoy the rest Rob - it'll do you good
I also have an enforced break of a week - Little People are running amok in my little house!!!

7:45 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Rob, I often find that having an enforced week off makes me improve when I get back. My fitness improves. My cardiorespiratory tolerance improves and my mileage and timing improves. Of course it deteriorates again with me because I do too much too soon! But have a productive trip to Austria and a good holiday.

Cath
:o)

10:36 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

pelased you are better

and I'd go along with the guys above - enjoy the enforced rest

you'll come back stronger!

7:26 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home