Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Who turned up the heat

Getting a bit warm down here on the South Coast.

Stepped out the door at 8:20 and already it was warmer outside than inside. Target of today's run was 5 miles at Marathon Pace (MP). Did half a mile or so of gentle jogging for starters and then into the main course. My target HR for MP should be about 160 first 3 miles were OK then I started to seriously overheat. Next mile was 168 followed by a 175! I was in trouble,but no matter what I couldn't get the legs to slow down. Things were made worse when I tried to wipe some sweat from my eyes and succeded in removing my contact lens at the same time. Relief was soon at hand when the Garmin bleeped to say I'd down 5 miles in 39:34. So I stopped and walked the last couple of hundred yards home.

Tomorrow threatens to be even hotter. Oh I'm supposed to be doing 11 miles slow. I'd better make that an early start.

5 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

hello to you too!

well done for keeping going!

10:32 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

WAKEY WAKEY

It's nice and cool

NOW Robert


Quick - get up.......

:-D


No....
I'll have to call back a bit later then

"GIOVANNI got a job for you my ..'friend' "

;o)

10:33 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

[pops in briefly]

Not made that early start yet then Robert..??

Tsk Tsk....

;o)

2:42 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

So... wonder whether he did the 11 miles today..?

Bet he was into that ice bath no trouble today too.

;o)

5:15 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

If he wasn't - then maybe we should pop around and 'edjucayte' him.

;o)

What do you think..?

6:48 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home