Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Oh Rats

MrsW got a shock today. LittleW was playing in the back garden and brought something to the back door and said "Poor thing its dead". MrsW was expecting it to be a dead bird or something like that. When she looked it was a dead rat - complete with maggots!!!! Needless to say environmental health have been informed and will be out on Friday to start a rat hunt. Flame throwers at the ready.

Enough of non-running matters. Plantar fasciitis (thanks for the spelling Leon) had calmed down enough to allow me out for a stretch of the legs. We had a new chap start in the office last week who is quite keen to go running, so he joined me for a bit a of a guided tour of where to run. I'm glad to say it was a leisurely jaunt round a familar route. I'm still not wearing my HRM or Garmin so have no accurate idea of the pace, but its the easiest I felt running for a while.

It won't be easy tomorrow, its speedwork and 8*400m, can't wait NOT!

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

best of luck with the speed work-fun, fun, fun!!!

9:49 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

pleased to hear your back on form

You're not kind to Southampton though, I've always had a soft spot for them

7:32 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep ready everybody else's blog to get inspired. I'm still in lazy mode!

So, well done you. Enjoy the speedwork :-)

8:32 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

speed work?
Hmmm never tried it BUT my Spans plan has a pyramid session each week!
Got mine either tonightor tomorrow!
Oh joy!

2:11 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Thanks for the encouragement folks. Speed session done for the week - now just need some rest ZZzzzz

7:32 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home