Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Doing stupid things

I did a couple of really stupid things today. One was just dumb and the other is, by some peoples standards, certifiable crazy.
Number 1 was to running in the country over a route I have never run before via some never explored right of ways. For my sins I got lost, went round a small collection of houses twice not realising that it was a circular road, tripped up over a tree route, got scratched from the bushes and have a leg that is still tingling from all the stinging nettles my bare legs came into contact with. Oh and to cap it all in the last 15 yards I slipped off the pavement and twisted my ankle - the other ankle. Fortunately it was only a slight twist and its OK now.
Number 2 - The crazy thing. I finally entered the Abingdon Marathon on the 16th October. This could be a big mistake, having looked back at my running log I haven't run properly since March, I've put on nearly 7lb in weight, am totally lacking in motivation and generally feel like something unpleasant you step in. Hopefully this will all change, I need to focus on this run, no mopping around feeling sorry for myself and stuffing my face. I have a marathon to train for!!

5 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

sounds like a race to train for is just what you need


and much better to venture onto a new route and risk getting lost, rather than do the same boring routes and lose the will to run

5:48 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Rob there is nothing wrong with Abingdon
'twas my 1st marathon
stadium start and finish, and hot showers and if, unlike me, you are quick enough a massage!
Nice flat course so a fast time for you - just hold your breath as you pass the pig farm!!
I was considering doing at one time but stress fractures, GFA targets and a holiday to Eurodisney got in the way!
and you have run properly since march - just look at your picture, wasn't london a proper run??!!
now consider yourself slapped and start training! :-D

6:54 am

 
Blogger Unknown said...

nothing liek a marathon to remotivate you...bets of luck with the training...go on get out there :-)

2:46 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only repeat what all the others just said. Nothing motivates as good as a date in the diary.

Go for it!

8:32 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Thanks ladies for the support. You are of course correct I need something to focus on.

Pix - Thanks for slap I needed (and deserved) it!

8:49 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home