Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The return of the long run

Went swimming for the first time in ages yesterday. MrsW and the 2 smallest W's had an event to go to so I was left with Big W. He has got his swimming distance badge test next week so it was time for practise. He may only be 9 but he can go a distance! His record is 275m. Bit more than Dad.

Speaking of distance a marathon to train for I have to do some ( or perhaps quite a lot of) long runs and no time to start like the present. Went out for a surprisingly comfortable 10 miles first thing this morning. Maybe I'm not so bad as I thought I was. Time for the reality check!

Its 18 weeks before Abingdon and I've just down a 25 mile week with a 10 mile long run. At the same point before FLM I had just done a 37 mile week with a long run of 14 miles, add in the 14 miler was 20 sec/mile quicker and 5 bpm lower then its time to PANIC!

No its not I tell myself. I'm coming back from a couple of niggles give it another couple of weeks and everything will sort itself out - he says hopefully

2 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

{slap}
Oh do be quiet Rob! No need to panic the legs know the distance and you know you can do it. You aren't a novice now you are building on a foundation that already exists!
So shut up and behave!

{harsh pixie stomps out}

Pix

{PS sorry got emotional after reading Leon'a blog!}

1:17 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Ouch!

{Rob rubs his cheek after another blog-slap from Pixie}

I promise to behave - honest!

9:12 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home