Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Double Glazing

Its odd how the most mundane things get in the way of going running. I was planning a run on Wednesday Night - not far a short recovery run when the Wife phoned me at work and said that the people doing our new double glazing wanted to fit the windows on Thursday and Friday. That was a whole 2 weeks earlier than planned. Of course I said. Why did this stop me running? well I spent all of Wednesday evening moving furniture around to make sure the windows could get fitted. I then spent Thursday putting all the furniture back!

So 2 lost training days when not injured, hmm don't like that. I decided to convert today's scheduled rest day into the lost tempo run. I did this on the tready again as I can control my pace a lot better. Started off with 10 mins of easy stuff at about 9:30 m/m then cranked up the pace every minute until I got to 6:35 pace where I held it for a couple of minutes before starting a 5 min wind down. 3.67 miles in 30 minutes not bad considering.

Longer steady stuff planned for the weekend, I'll let you know how it goes.

8 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

mmm tready cna tempting at times - for the control it can bring to the run

I've been thinking baout the tready too - seems such a waste on a nice day - but at least it is not undulating - which it is round here!

8:49 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Using a tready on a nice day does seem to be a bit waste but Hot lunch run can easily lead to an overheated Rob.

Setting it on a permanent incline can be interesting.

8:52 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Rob! Flexibility to the training plan is brilliant! Well done. Benzie does it all the time! (although she does completely forget the rest days altogether!

;o)

Cath
xx

9:14 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

Excellent lateral thinking Rob..

And losing two days - sometimes the rast is just what we need

Me? I've had a Month!!!!!

:-D

7:49 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

err - that'll be rest then....


Doh!!

7:50 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Leon + REST..??

hmm

Is that even possible Rob..?

;o)

8:13 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Leon and Rest? Hmm that question has trouble philosophers for a long time. Can Leon ever achieve the state of rest so far they haven't come back with an answer

8:32 pm

 
Blogger Leon said...

:-P

10:29 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home