Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, May 23, 2005

Is it Monday already?

Its been 4 days since I last blogged so I'd better make this a good one.

Didn't run on Friday, despite not cycling in I just could not muster the energy to run, being in a meeting till 12:15 didn't help either. The only good thing was I got to leave a little earlier.

Saturday was a morning tempo session. 10 minutes of easy warm up then 20 minutes at half mara pace then 10 mins of warm down. I'll confess to cheating on the route. I ran a route that has a gentle downslope for about a mile. Come on recovering marathon runners need a little help. Ended up doing 5.3 miles all told. It was nice being able to open up the legs a little.

Spent the afternoon taking the kids to a Rugby BBQ, where it rained for a lot of the time. At least I didn't have to cook lunch for them. Then the entire evening was spent trying to get some downloaded music to work. Could I do it no, Internet explorer/Media Player kept crashing everytime I tried to get the licences to play the music. Gave up in the end no I know why most people hate Microsoft

Was supposed to run on Sunday but I didn't wake up until gone 9. This is very unusual for me, even when tired I'm normally awake by 7:30. Took the hint from the body and didn't go running - not sure MrsW would have been too impressed with me disappearing out for 90 mins anyway, she had plans for me. We're off camping next week so all the camping kit had to be looked out and the car checked. Good job I checked the car one of the tyres was a bit flat it was pumped up not that long ago so decided to change it to have it checked. Now taking a tyre off should be a simple affair - loosen the nuts, jack it up, take the nuts off then take the wheel off. Not on a VW Sharan (or Galaxy as my neighbour told me). Could I loosen the nuts? No!!
This wasn't about me being feeble, the tyre iron broke before the nuts loosen ended up borrowing a torque wrench from a neighbour.

Then onto today, found a way of overcoming Plantar fasciitis - give yourself more intense pain elsewhere! Was out for my lunchtime run with DK and was on the last mile when I didn't pay attention when coming of a pavement onto the road and went over on my ankle. Not an ordinary twist - this was a glorious wipe-out. The ankle decided it wasn't supposed to go in that direction and the rest of the body had to go over instead. So I end rolling around in the road. Ankle wasn't to bad was able to run on it after a very short walk, its the grazed knee and hand that got me. Spent the rest of the run trying to avoid getting blood on my nice white T-shirt.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is your body saying that it's not ready yet to do all the running (or that would be my interpretation and I'm lazier than you). Take it easy though, better to stay of your feet for a while and let it recover 100%.

On the music side of things, try limewire.com. Free and works great.

8:13 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

don't forget that you don't have to go running just now - no FLM glaring at you!
So just take a hint and run when you want as you want and relax!

8:55 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Thanks for the advice folks. I may have taken a bigger hit yesterday than I realised.

Both wrists are a little sore (probably jarred when I landed) and my ankle while not tender to the touch is also sore.

Abingdon is still 20 weeks away. Plenty of time.

1:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home