Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Back to the tready

As the weather is really nice I feel I ought to make the most of it and do as much running as I can in the woods that are near the office. Yesterday was a case in hand. Lovely day outside and I was scheduled to do a recovery run so nice and easy. For some reason I didn't enjoy it. It was hot and trying to keep the HR down was a chore. I think its because its an undulating route and over tracks and footpaths so you can't settle into a steady rhythm. For future easy runs I'll use the flatter road routes I'll save the cross-country as a treat for the more testing steady runs.

I was due to have some preventative maintence in the shape of a massge at lunchtime today so I had early start on the treadmill. After a couple of weeks of uncertainty about my fitness it was time to let the machine drive the pace and I wouldn't be wearing a HRM to get upset about. Today's session was 4*800m repeats. As I've had a couple of niggles I choose a relatively conservative pace of 6:40 m/m for the reps but this is still a good 10K pace. The good news is I came through the session without any problems at all, still had plenty left in the tank for number 5 if I wanted to. This session cheered me up no end it should my speed is still there its just the aerobic fitness that's a bit lacking at the moment. That's easily sorted with a diet of long slow runs and with 17 weeks to go I've got time to lay down a very solid base.

In the end my massage got cancelled so I wondered over to the outlet shops and had a look at some bum bags which can hold 2 bottles, just perfect for those long summer runs. Hmm - Am I starting to look forward to this training lark again???

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

sounds like you are bore to train for marathons! Just watch out cos you'll turn into benz and start doing ultras if you are not careful!

9:11 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home