Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Only mad dogs and Scotsman go out in the midday sun

I know it was Mad Dogs and Englishman but I'm not a mad dog and I'm most definetely not a Englishman, but Noel Cowards song sprung to mind at lunchtime when I was being baked at a nice Gas Mark 9.
It was, shall we say, a little warm at lunchtime for running but now that I have a marathon to train for not running wasn't an option. I met up with a couple of guys who where going out for a plod around the woods so I decided to join them, nice bit of shade I thought. There is something really odd about the route we took, all the nice easy flat bits and downhill sections are in the shade. Its just the uphill sections that are in the full glare of the sun! Despite the heat today's run was better than yesterday much easier running terrain and not so much dangerous plantlife.

My vital statistics for the run where
Distance 5.73 miles
Time 48:43
Ave HR 166
Ave Pace 8:31

I could whinge and drip about this being slow and hard work, but I won't. It was a lumpy route, hot and cross country, there supposed to be hard work. In fact overall it was a good early marathon training run at a steady pace. Roll on Abingdon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home