Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Why did I start cycling again?

Used the bike to get into work again, that was a bit of a mistake. It was wet and and a windy this morning, but I felt good at the end of it.

At lunchtime I subjected myself to the treadmill and some speedwork. This was post-marathon speed training session. Short fast bursts with longer recovery periods. Today was the promised 8 * 400 session at 5 K pace with 3 minutes of gentle jogging in between. Nice way to work up a sweat and I didn't feel too bad at the end of it.

That's more than can be said for how I was feeling at the end of the day. As I'd cycled in, I had to get home on the bike. This was tough, weather was against me and the legs were complaining that they wanted some rest. Struggled home and now spent the rest of the evening feeling really tired. Early night for me I think, and I may give the ride into work a break in exchange for some more time in bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

giggle

9:01 am

 
Blogger beanz said...

err

maybe cycle on nonrunning days??

12:34 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Beanz - You may have a point, but then I'd never get to cycle into work.

I'll compromise and not cycle on days that have speed sessions in them.

2:56 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home