Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

I'm back!

I'm back!

Spent a great half term week at a very nice campsite in Dorset. Only problem is there is camping gear all over the house, though we (or should I say MrsW is winning the battle to get it stored away). I won't bore you with all the details of the trip apart from I enjoyed it - and yes Pixie I didn't run.

Sadly we came home to some bad news - Emma the hamster passed away while we were away. Luckily the kids accepted that these things happen (this was their 2nd hamster) and have moved on, perhaps helped by the swift removal of the deceased and her cage from sight.

As I mentioned above I didn't run at all last week so yesterday was my first run in 2 weeks and my rather unfortunate tumble, so I was to say the least a little rusty. I was going through the "Shall I, Shan't I" debate just before lunchtime when the phone rang and PH asked if I was going out, nothing too difficult nice and easy. How could I resist? Back to wearing the Garmin so that I could get a gauge for how fast I was running or perhaps should I say how slow I was running for the effort I was having to put in. It was felt like a lot of hard work. I felt quite depressed at how much fitness I've lost, however PH pointed out that it was a very muggy day and I don't like running in the heat.

Couldn't get a run in today, too many other things going on. Unlikely to get running tomorrow but I have got a run pencilled in with PH and GP (The triathlete) on Thursday - more hard work lined up then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

wellcome back
pleased to hear you rested!

9:49 pm

 
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome pack Andy. Ya i had the whole unfit thing too...weird yeh....in justa week or so.
hope your alright after the tumble.

2:50 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home