Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Slow Roasted Rob

In answers to CAD's question - yes I did do 11 miles this morning, 11.48 to be precise in 1:50:10. I won't pretend it was easy cause it wasn't.

I was quite late to bed last night so didn't get the really early start I wanted. Got out the door just after 8. Start was a bit funny I had made sure that my sports drink was made and I had put on the high factor sun cream but I had forgotten to "grease" up the moving parts. Quick detour off route back to house and a rapid application of vaseline later I was on my way again.

Following yesterday's misery I paid very careful attention to the HRM and tried not to let it stray over 150. This produced some interesting paces for the first couple of miles before settling in to a nice 9:45ish pace. Found myself hunting the shade all the time as there wasn't a cloud in the sky and I didn't fancy sun burn or sun stroke.

Decided to take Lucozade sport in my Nathan drinks bottle as I wanted something to replace the salts etc I would be losing through the sweat, instead of my normal plain water. I was glad my run was't any longer as I had run out inthe last half mile, so getting a 2 bottle drinks belt is now a matter of urgency.

Oh CAD - I did really fancy the cold bath at the end but MrsW insisted I showered immediately as I was dripping everywhere, maybe next time

5 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

what no ice bath!!

the ice police will be after you, mate

(good job he's moving house and hasn't found out)

9:42 pm

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

beanz -- he'll find out

;o)
.
.
.
.
.
Rob -- any excuse!!!

;o)


Cath
xx

10:00 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

have you thought about a camelback?

the two bottle belts always seem very cumbersome.

8:07 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I did 5.5m at 6:30AM on sunday
at mum's but left the water bottle on the kitchen table and as the door needs a key to get in it wa a case of tough go without! I did 3R:2W and the HR was the same as Wednesday's speedwork!
Hmmmm lovely weekend for a long run hey!

9:11 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

Beanz - Camelbak's have never really appealed to me. Too much hassle in cleaning them and drying them out. Don't think the bladder would be any good after some sports drink in it either.

9:30 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home