Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Pompey Chimes

Been a couple of days so a few things to report

Knee was being a pain (literally) until Friday night when something went click and the pain went almost as quickly as it came. Curious, gave it an extra day of rest on the Saturday. As I hadn't had any problems decided that a run an easy run on Sunday was worth a try. I had one of the best runs I've had for a while. Went on a route I have never run before - up an old Railway line then through a couple of country lanes then a return down a main road though being Sunday morning it was quiet. First time I've actually run back to home from the North and you pass a large tract of green fields with crops it made me forget about the road. All in all no problems whatsoever from the knee. That was a relieve. All in all 7 miles in a little under 1hr, longest run I've had since the marathon. Followed up today with a steady rollercoaster 6 with PH at lunchtime. Only problem now is I've got a sore Plantar Facitiis (or however its spelt!) rest tomorrow. I just seems to be one thing after another at the moment

The glorious weather yesterday persuaded me to get the bike sorted out so that I could cycle into work as opposed to taking the car. I used to do this all the time, but gave up commuting by bike when doing my marathon training just too much time and effort. Anyway rode in this morning and it was great. Arrived at work, showered and was at my desk a refreshed and happy worker bee.

Oh and the best bit about the weekend?

Southampton got relegated!!! Yipee - Play Up Pompey Pompey Play Up.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leon said...

Excellent news on the knee Robert
That's Brill.....!!

err it's fasciitis

And Mr. Speedy was jumping for joy at the relegation of the "Scummers"

[chuckle]

9:43 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Glad Mr Speedy enjoyed the football results on Sunday. There are a couple of very quiet "Scummers" in the office at the moment.

8:54 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home