Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

On the Treatment Table

My old Sports masseur decided to retire to France shortly after FLM, can't say I blame him as Sports Massage was his 2nd career after 30 years with a certain large computer corporation with the nickname of Big Blue. I have been able to find another one and even better she does treatments at Lunch time in the first aid room at work. Today was my first appointment and I heard she can inflict pain so I looked forward to my appointment with a little trepidation. I had done a tempo run on the tready before work so was expecting some comments. I got them!

Session started off with an assessment of my general flexibility, yes I can't bend at the knees too far, yes my knees come in together, Oh my hamstrings are tight as well and the less said about the hips the better. I am glad too say she wasn't able to make me squawk, wince a couple of times maybe but not squawk. Overall she was able to free most things up but the left hip (the one I injured before FLM) is still not right. There doesn't seem to be anything muscularly wrong, but my left hip/pelvis is raised when lying flat on my back. I may need to go and see a chiropractor to "re-align" my pelvis. That sounds as if it will hurt.

In the meantime I'm not injured so I can continue my Marathon build-up, but I will get this hip resolved before the really long distance training starts in about a month.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

pain is good for the sole now get that hip sorted NOW!
hehe

9:38 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home