Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Is this going to hurt?

Bumped into my Sports Massage person at the coffee machine yesterday and she asked how I felt after my treatment. "Worse actually" I responded, my left leg hip was achy again. " You need to go and see a Chiropractor" was her response. She recommended the one she uses but its too far away so I asked around and got one within a mile of home.

The downside to asking for recommendations is that people tell you what they did to them and some of it makes me feel a little quesy. Holding you down then flipping you over while listening for a pop, sounds sort of, ah, painful. Then I thought about it, it won't hurt for long and is better than mucking up my training for months at a time, so I booked an appointment for Monday.

In the meantime I'm still running. Went out for a gentle 3 mile plod yesterday evening HR of 141 and 10 m/m. Pace ain't important its keeping the HR down that recovery run is about. Today was marathon pace run time. Still to hot at lunchtime to do a sensible training run so for the 4th day in a row I was on the tready. Much better I have to say. 4.3 miles in 34:50 at an average HR of 154, though it was beginning to climb in the last mile and a bit so cardiac drift just setting in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

I told you pain is good for the sole!

Good Luck Mate!

2:30 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

No horror stories of chiropractors to tell - but if you can cope with the digging in of elbows you will be fine!

and as you say - better to get it sorted.

7:14 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

I also never went to a Chiropractor - but I was treated for a while by an Osteopath when I was all 'mis-aligned'!!!!
Lots of 'clicking and crunching' there.. and it was fine actually..
I also had a nursing student colleauge who had terrible back problems.... and she looked forward to seeing her Chiropractor!!!!!!

By the way - thanks for the delivery.
Giovanni is on his way back to give you a "Hug"
[evil grin]

8:02 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home