Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

No Running Electronics

Yip, gave them up for the day ( apart from a simple stopwatch ) and went out with another runner at lunchtime around the woods and fields near the office. I didn't miss them one little bit I relaxed and enjoyed the experience of running.

Now that the weather has become nicer a lot of the local woods and fields are drying up and are providing an excellent running enviorment. Much better than the pavement pounding in the run up to the marathon.

Mood much improved.

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

fields near work? Lucky sod!
Where do you work then??
Running because you can is great isn't it!

7:59 am

 
Blogger RobW said...

I work between Southampton and Portsmouth.

I take it you don't want to hear about the on-site gym and changing facilities then?

{RobW runs for cover awaiting the slap from Pix}

9:13 am

 
Blogger Leon said...

[SLAPPPPP]

[chuckle]

Running without gizmo's - It's great sometimes isn't it!!!

No HRM for me either - so no *beep* induced stress

:o))

1:30 pm

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

Grrrrrrr
{stomps off in a sulk}

3:03 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home