Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Putting it back together

Been a naughty boy and not blogged for a week, so better do some catching up

My mental health is continuing to make good steady progress. I am finding it a lot easier to get out of bed in the morning, even on weekends. This to me is a great sign as the difficulty getting up in the morning was one of the first signs I was in trouble this time last year. I'm certainly a lot less tired which shows I'm getting some quality sleep, though I still have the occasional odd wakening in the small hours.

I think people at work are a lot happier with my performance - the old Rob is out and about much more often and I certainly feel much more self motivated.

So work is coming back together what about my fitness?

Well..... I've done a few short runs in the past week 3 or 4 miles. No objectives or goals to them, just run at a comfortable pace for the fun of it. Swimming is coming along as well I'm nearly at the stage of being able to do 2 lengths of front crawl. Backstroke and Breaststroke I can go a lot further in. Refereed an U-16 Rugby game on Sunday which was hard work in the heat, some poor sod broke his arm in the first 2 minutes. Could tell by just looking at it nice little bulge in the forearm.

Anyway enough of my ramblings night, night. I'll try and not make it a week till my next update.

3 Comments:

Blogger womble said...

That all sounds so really cheery and positive, Rob.

:0)))

9:30 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

great post - except the arm eeew

9:56 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

[cough cough]

Anyone there?

[switches off light]

11:47 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home