Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Bizarre gifts

Saw my doc this morning. And she wholeheartedly agreed with the company Doc that I should now seek the help of a mental health professional. Fortunately I've got company health insurance and I've been refered to a private consultant so it shouldn't be too long before I get an appointment. We also discussed either upping or changing my medication as I'm still having sleep problems, which mean I tire easily and then lose motiviation/drive. Bit of a vicous circle really.

Forced myself into the gym at lunchtime - only lasted 18 minutes on the tready before I gave up through lack on energy. Did 5 minutes of rowing and that was it. Bit depressing really but as I said yesterday small bits at a time. It was better than no exercise at all.

Got the most bizarre gift from company - we'll everyone did. I work for a large American company that can do anything from a Fuel tank for the space shuttle to Biometric security system. Well I got today a cook book, yes a cook book. Its full of recipes from people from our divisional headquarters back in the States. This raised a laugh, then we started reading some of the recipes, there was Intercontinental Ballistic Breakfast Tacos but our favourite was Squirel Stew. For anyone wondering yes the ingredients list started with 4 Squirels, Now where have I put my shotgun...

3 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

squirals ... well not my choice of protein but I am sure it is not ruled out of the diet of those in serious training! IronMan Florida was it??!

{hides}

9:46 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Good news on what the doctor said, in that yes she supports the opinion of the company doc, and she probably knows you better. As I said before, accept the offers of help. And yes, small steps indeed.

xxx

7:07 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

And admit that sometimes it's just a bad day. Like today. Takes courage to admit that.

(((Rob)))

12:41 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home