Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Can I go on holiday yet?

Hard week with several software problems to be looked at, sorted and or justified. Took a lot of mental effort on my part but rounded off on Wednesday with Ops accepting one of the builds for operational service. People seemed quite pleased with my performance, explained the issues straightforward and simply to the managers with justifications provided.

Unfortunately it went a bit downhill today, well a lot downhill. My boss discussed my Performance Improvement Plan, which I thought was a bit of a joke really since one of the things he had on it was already completed. Then came the kick in the teeth.

Without warning he then pulled out my apprasial the one he was told not to do!! "We can do this now" he said and proceed to mark my down as a "Basic contributer" on a scale of 1 - 5 where 1 is excellent this is a 4. I was very upset by this. Why are they doing this!! I'm giving the best I can but I'm not well. I could try and make a stink about it but I'm not sure what it would achieve.

Also happened to have an appointment with the Company Doc. Mentioned it to him, he tried to calm me by saying its not the first time the company had pulled this stunt. The company seems to go through a supporting stage then a arse kicking stage in some attemtp to kick-start people. This ain't going to work with me, if anything its going to make it worse.

Came home to a bit of good news. Got an appointment to see the shrink the week after I come back from Holiday. Talking of holiday, just need to survive tomorrow then its 2 weeks off. I can not wait. I need my break

4 Comments:

Blogger Evil Pixie said...

1,2,3,4,5 BREATH
You are doing great Rob. You can see what they are doing but don't let it wind you up. You're better than that and we KNOW you are an excellent team player.
Take care Rob and thanks for the support this week I've really appreciated it{{rob}}

8:09 am

 
Blogger womble said...

Once you're rested and a bit calmer after the weekend, please don't let them get away with the appraisal nonsense. Yor manager 'winning' by wearing you down is not a success - for you, the company or the stupid manager.

xxxx

10:04 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

Hope your holiday was good?
x

2:55 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

beanz has beaten me to it! Come on, tell us how brill it was :o))

xx

7:15 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home