Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Brief Holiday Report

When asked about my Holiday I normally reply "So So". I enjoyed by holiday but it wasn't brilliant. Couple of reasons for this. Yet again the weather conspired again. After having an extremely hot and sunny July, August was damp and cold. This is now the third year in a row that we have camped and had at best mediocre weather.

The other reason was the campsite wasn't that great either. The pitches were massive and well kept, but the toliet and shower facilities were a bit antiqued and not the cleanest. It didn't help when someone thought it was fun to write graffiti on the walls and they didn't always use a pen. So long and short wouldn't go to that campsite again.

Having said that we did do some good things.

Went to a Fish Restuarant that does traditional fish and chips in Braunton, place called Squires. This place is so good Rick Stein recommends it. Massive pieces of fish and perfectly cooked chips.

Went bodyboarding as often as the weather would allow. Even bought myself a "Shorty" wet-suit. Body boarding is great fun and something for me and the big 2 to do when MrsW and Small W are on the beach. Certainly the beaches round Saunton, Croyde and Woolacombe are great for it. Just need to avoid the surfers, it will hurt if one of them hits you.
Hired some bikes and tag along's and cycled along the Tarka Trail. Fastest trip we had between Braunton and Barnstaple.

Nothing much else to say, except planning next years holiday already. This time it will be in July and at a different campsite - we found a really good one nearby and scouted it out for next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

welcome home

yes I was planning the next holiday as we came home from this one

x

7:03 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

july???? not the weekend of the 14-15th!

10:02 am

 
Blogger womble said...

I'm still planning this year's holiday ;o)))

Welcome back!

8:55 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home