Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nice Project Manager

Come to the conclusion that my swimming instructor is a sadist - very nice sadist, but a sadist all the same. Got in the pool 3 lengths warm up, then the horror 24 lengths. No problem I hear people say well here's the catch the session was

4 lengths front crawl
4 lengths front crawl kicking only
4 lengths breaststroke
4 lengths breastroke kicking only
4 lengths backstroke
4 lengths backstroke kicking only

I can't do front crawl and as much at the start, so I was asked if I wanted to move down a group which I said "Yes Please!!" to.

One of the things that has been putting me off cycling to work is carrying a laptop on my back. So I nicely asked the Project Manager if the company would be willing to buy laptop pannier bags for me and another chap. Expected to be told no. Response was actaully "
A reasonable request, give me a day or two to talk to finance to figure out how to cover the expense and I will get back to you"

Well he did - The purchasing lady has been told I've to get a "good spec" laptop pannier from our regular suppliers. I feel an Ortlieb pannier coming on.....

Anyway off on Holiday at the weekend for all of half term, so catch you later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cath Delaney said...

I'm really jealous. I could do with a bike pannier. But... more importantly... why are you taking work (laptop) home in the first place..?

;o)

12:01 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

Because I can now surf from the comfort of the sofa. Though most of the time it never leaves its bag.

12:16 pm

 
Blogger beanz said...

excellent!

7:40 pm

 
Blogger womble said...

Ortleib panniers are fab!!!!!

11:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home