Hi I'm Rob, Husband to MrsW and Father to 3 children (Big W, Thin Controller and small W). I started this blog after running the London Marathon in 2005 and mainly talked about my attempts at running. In November 2005 I was diagnosed with depression and spent 2 months off work. To say this was a shock to me is an understatement.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

How Much!!

My clothes seem to be shrinking in the wash, this is affecting trousers in particular. They seem to have gotten awfully tight of late. I had to admit defeat and weigh myself this morning, a whooping 13st 11lbs. This wouldn't be too bad if I was 6ft tall, but I'm only 5ft 7 and the ideal weight for that height is about 11st 7.

Ok There is a lot of debate about what "Ideal" actually means but being 2 st over the ideal is not the best of ideas.

A bit of history about me

About 9 years ago I weighed the best part of 15 stone, yes thats 15 stone! I struggled to get into a pair of size 36 in waist trousers. I actually resorted to buting a pair of 38" once. At this point I said no more.
I started reducing the amount I ate, walked a couple of stops to catch the bus, started cycling to work and weight came pouring off me. I was sent to work somewhere that meant I had to stay in a hotel for 10 weeks. It was at this point that I decided to start running, just a mile or 2 in the morning, but I was determined not to put the weight back on.
I then changed jobs cycled to work and ran most lunchtimes with a very competitive running partner I even managed to crack sub 40 for a 10K and was able to fit comfortable into a size 32 trousers.
Now I drive to work, haven't run in over 2 weeks and need to buy some size 36" trousers. I need to fight the fight again but I'm 9 years older and I currently don't have the same mental strength as I had then. This is going to be tough

4 Comments:

Blogger beanz said...

get the bike out?




on 28th April you said of cycling to work


'it set me up for the morning'

good weather coming so get that bike out!

7:42 am

 
Blogger Evil Pixie said...

{{rob}}
I so know where you are coming from
look after yourself

and as beanz says why not get the bike out a few times a week

10:15 am

 
Blogger Cath Delaney said...

Can I join you in your fight..?

I'm gaining instead of losing weight. Not doing so great with running either - part of it is the weight gain. I run better when I'm smaller. I'll be getting the bike out I think. It worked last year. It can work this year.

:o)

1:42 pm

 
Blogger RobW said...

I was going to bike it a couple of days but the weather has been too lousy - so opted for the car instead

{RobW wanders off hanging his head in shame}

11:18 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home